Hardcover Kids Book
"This is crazy, weird, lovingly detailed fun. A must-have for curious readers of any age." - Jon Scieszka, First National Ambassador for Young People's Literature
Think you know vehicles? Think again! Unconventional Vehicles is a nonfiction collection of Forty-Five of the Strangest Cars, Trains, Planes, Submersibles, Dirigibles, and Rockets EVER! Vehicles include an underwater battery-powered scooter, a carriage pulled by ostriches, a hot air balloon shaped like the Cathedral of Saint Gall, and five different jet packs. With beautiful illustrations and fascinating facts and diagrams, this hardcover book is sure to delight any vehicle enthusiast!
• Ideal for children ages 8 to 12 years old, especially those interested in vehicles and engineering
• Brooklyn-based author Michael Hearst brings his signature verve and humor to this fascinating read. Listen to the accompanying album on Spotify!
• Young readers will devour all the substantive and silly content in this book, proving definitively that nonfiction is anything but dry.
• Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays, holidays, and more
• A great pick for teachers, parents, grandparents, and caregivers